[VIDEO] Homeowner in Texas Shoots Pit Bull in Self Defense After Being Attacked

VIDEO
In another case of a gun being used in self-defense, this case shows that guns aren’t just used to defend against criminals but animals as well.
In Corpus Christi, Texas a man says he had to shoot a pit bull in self-defense when 2 dogs began to attack him and a dog began biting him in the leg.
Dennis Ward was outside of his home on his own pr0perty when the 2 dogs approached him and began to back him down, according to KZTV10
“I missed him the first time, but by this time I’m able to get back up on the porch and took two hands and aim. And I was yelling at him “get out of here, get out of here!” and I see the brown one coming over here… then the white one takes a more aggressive stance and comes at me and I shot him,” said Ward.

The dog was not killed but after being shot limped back home to its owner.   Of course the owner of the dog says it has no history of being violent and the man shot the dog for no reason.
Ward will not be charged for firing a gun within the city limits since he was using his 9mm handgun to defend himself.