M855A1 Enhanced Performance Round Accuracy

size_0-tm-tfb
As older green tipped 5.56mm supplies are dwindling, the Army has begun to use the new brown-tipped M855A1 Enhanced Performance Round for training as well as combat operations where it has been in use for a while. The round was used in the recent Camp Perry competition without any performance problems.
video
Army.mil reports …
Harbison was happy with the performance of the EPR, with his scores showing that the Army’s newest general purpose round is accurate enough to go toe-to-toe in this competition with the best ammo that can be bought or hand-loaded.
“Using the Army’s newest general purpose ammo was not a hindrance in this competition,” Harbison said. “When I did my part, the M855A1 was right on target all week.”
“I don’t think I could have scored any higher if I was using match grade competition ammunition,” Harbison added.