Crimson Trace shoot (Part 4 of 4): Glock 34

IMG_24371-540x452
In this final post on the 3-gun shoot, I’d like to chat with you about my pistol, a Glock 34 in 9mm. I shoot production in USPSA, IPSC and IDPA, so here I am again at a disadvantage going against all the Open class gear. Thankfully I’m just here to shoot for fun! I have Sevigny Tactical rear and optical front sights(MSRP $86.95), as well as a Fulcrum trigger (MSRP $179.95), a 13lb Wolff recoil spring (MSRP $7.89) and a steel guide rod. I added some medium Falcon grip tape (MSRP $9.99), and I lightly took a file to the mag release since the sharp edges kept stabbing my left hand.
video

Take a close look at the magazine release button and you’ll see the corners are gone. I used a simple file.
A great addition I have for my magazines are these Dawson Precision grip tape numbers (MSRP $6.95) for the baseplates. A few months ago, I accidentally left six magazines at the range, and while an R.O. had stored them in the office, because they had zero unique markings they ended up walking off within a week. Last time I make that costly mistake!
video

Dawson Precision grip tape to help number your mags. If a mag malfunctions, you can easily note which one you need to rotate out and repair.
On the rail, I installed a Crimson Trace CMR-201 red laser (MSRP $269) which was included as part of the $175 match fee. For anyone interested in using their pistol for home defense, I would highly recommend a laser. A laser will allow you to quickly get on target, and aligning your sights is one less thing you have to worry about while under stress.

My production Glock 34 with a Crimson Trace red laser on the rail
For the night time 3-gun shoot, my Glock 34 was great. Even though this was an Open class shoot, I didn’t feel inhibited by my production Glock. The one thing I want to do for next year is get high cap mags so I can avoid reloading. Other than that, I love my Glock!
Feel free to ask any questions you may have about the Crimson Trace 3-gun shoot or my Glock 34 in the comments.