Lessons Learnt At The 24 Hour Sniper Adventure Challenge

img_5522-tm-tfb
Andrew has written an article about the lessons he learnt competing at the Competition Dynamics 24 Hour Sniper Adventure Challenge in Utah a few weeks ago where he and his teammate finished third…
I recently competed, along with a superb teammate, in the Competition Dynamics 24 Hour Sniper Adventure Challenge. The event consisted of hiking 30 miles over mountainous high desert terrain in a period which was roughly 24 hours long – my team took 27. Total elevation gain along the route was approximately 10,000 feet, and a number of intense physical challenges were placed before the contestants as they hit various checkpoints. In addition, as the name implies, there was some shooting involved.
It was a hard day and I had not slept very well the night before, nor had I really eaten very well before the course began. I learned a few hard lessons, some of which I will share here.
Andrew carried a Savage 11 chambered in 6.5mm Creedmore with a US Optics scope. The scope cost almost 10x the rifle! I am a firm believer in a high scope:rifle cost ratio.